NATURALLY COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
This policy was last modified on February 12, 2020.
As a small business that sells and operates online, we believe that our customers’ privacy is of the utmost importance. We want you to have complete access to our policies and procedures, so that you may understand the ways you can control how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal data and non-personal data about you. “Personal Data” means any data that allows someone to identify you.
Examples of Personal Information Collected
Creating an Account on our Site
Name, e-mail address, and password.
Purchasing on our Site (including, Subscription Services)
Purchasing a Gift for Someone Else
In addition to the information listed above under “Purchasing on our Site,” we also may collect information about gift recipients (i.e., name and shipping address) so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
All customers have the option to sign up for our promotional email newsletter from our Site homepage, at checkout below the email field, via an external landing page, or in person via an email sign-up list. We will never automatically subscribe you to our promotional email newsletter without your permission. Please note, in addition to promotional emails, you may also receive non-promotion related emails regarding order confirmations, order status updates, abandoned carts, and review requests, as a part of the buying and selling process.
Promotions, Contests, and/or Surveys
Name and e-mail address. When you participate in a survey, we or our trusted third-party service provider may collect additional information that you choose to provide through the survey.
Name and/or Nickname and any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post publicly on our Site.
Name, e-mail address, and possibly other Personal Data, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply and address any issue.
We also automatically receive your computer’s device ID (“Device ID” means an ID that is unique to the device or browser on which you access our Site), internet protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and date/time stamp for your visit. This helps us know more about your browser and operating system. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Do we use "Cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to marketing communication, browse the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Site feature.
- To improve our services to you.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, or other requests, and to send promotional emails to those that request or authorize them.
- To conduct internet advertising through third party providers.
- To track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes.
- To detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How do we protect visitor information?
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their Personal Data. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Credit card payment is processed through Shopify Pay. All credit card information is stored and encrypted in Shopify Pay’s PCI compliant server. For more information visit the Shopify Pay website here. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your Personal Data unless we provide you with advance notice, except as otherwise described below. The term "third parties" does not include our business. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site (i.e., currently, our platform is “powered by” Shopify to analyze data, process transactions, and payments, and fulfill orders), conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Social Networks. If you use any features made available to you on our Site by a third party (i.e, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter) it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. We share e-mail activity data with MailChimp to help us with automated e-mail deployments to consumers for order confirmations, status updates, abandoned cart emails or product review survey emails. We also work with Yotpo to deploy automatic product review requests. While Yotpo and Mailchimp have a license from us to use e-mail addresses and e-mail activity data in their applications, these applications do not share e-mail addresses or any specific e-mail activity data with other third parties that are not our service providers.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to CUTE FARMS You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service and transaction related communications.
- Behavioral Advertising On Websites: Our Site may participate in third party behavioral advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our Site, or on other websites not operated by CUTE FARMS If you do not want third parties who collect information about your use of our Site or to tailor any of the advertising that you see, you can opt-out at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe.
- Effect Of Opting Out Of Behavioral Advertising. Please note that opting-out of behavioral advertising does not mean that you will not receive advertising while visiting our Site. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
- Changes To Your Personal Data. CUTE FARMS relies on you to update and correct your Personal Data. You can modify or delete your profile within your registered account. Please note that CUTE FARMS may keep historical information and content in our backup files and archives as permitted by law and to the extent we anticipate that the information may be required in connection with the original purpose of the collection, or as otherwise permitted or required by law or our legitimate interest to comply with foreign law.
California Privacy Act
Under California law, residents of California are permitted to request details on how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us. If you feel that we have collected data on a child, please reach out to us at email@example.com so that we can take appropriate action.
Users Outside the United States
If you are a non-U.S. user of the Site, by visiting the Site and providing us with data, you understand and agree that the data you provide to us may be processed for the purposes listed in this Policy. You also understand and agree that the data you provide to us may be processed in the United States. U.S. laws regarding the processing of data may be less stringent than the laws of your country. By providing your data, you consent to this processing.
Residents of the European Economic Area
Upon request, residents of the EEA have the right to access the information we process about you, and to request that we correct, modify, or erase that information. You also have the right to opt out of or restrict certain types of processing subject to applicable legal restrictions and our legitimate interest to comply with foreign law. If you have any questions or you would like to exercise any of these rights, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your Personal Data we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
1285 Baring Blvd #653
Sparks, NV 89434